cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

CSV Table -> 'FTP create file' will remove line feeds in csv file

Hi,

I created some flows to collect data from Sharepoint lists, create csv tables and finally create a csv file on a FTP server.

All my flows are running fine for weeks.

Suddenly every 'FTP create file' task failed. I got this error message :

"Another active upload session exists, please retry after some time"

On the FTP server I found this content: (expected filename is news.csv)

news.csv.b971ff0a-ae99-4951-a8fa-1a13a9514f5b.ms.partial

news.csv.b971ff0a-ae99-4951-a8fa-1a13a9514f5b.ms.partial.ms.lock

I found out that after I disabled the "chunking" in the task settings the flows runs properly again:

But now all the content of the csv file is written in one line without carriage return for each row in the list:

date,Title2018-03-07,Stellenangebot Einsatzleiter Betriebsfeuerwehr / Mitarbeiter Werkschutz2018-02-21,Unfallgeschehen Januar 2018....blabla...

instead of:

date,Title
2018-03-07,Stellenangebot Einsatzleiter Betriebsfeuerwehr / Mitarbeiter Werkschutz
2018-02-21,Unfallgeschehen Januar 2018.... blabla...

Any Idea on this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: CSV Table -> 'FTP create file' will remove line feeds in csv file

Hi @GMI,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

I have made a test on my side and the CSV file opens well. My flow's configuration as below:

• Add a proper trigger, here I use Flow Button trigger.
  • Add a "Get items" action, specify Site Address and List Name.
  • Add a "Create CSV table" action, From set to output of "Get items" action, Include headers set to Yes and Columns set to Custom. Within Header and Value map entry, type the entries as below:4.JPG

• Add a "Create file" action of OneDrive for Business connector (for testing), specify Folder Path, File Name field set to News.csv and File Content field set to output of "Create CSV table" action.

Image reference:5.JPG

6.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

8.JPG

On your side, you should change the "Create file" action of OneDrive for Business connector into "Create file" action of FTP connector, File name field set to News.csv and File content field set to output of "Create CSV table" action.

Please take a try with above solution and check if the issue is solved on your side.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Re: CSV Table -> 'FTP create file' will remove line feeds in csv file

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your reply.

That is exactly what I have done. My flow has two parallel tasks at the end. On creates a file on OneDrive and the other creates a file with the same content on the ftp-server. The file in OneDrive is ok. But the file on the ftp server is corrupt.

PS: I try to add some screenshots but I cannot find out how. There is no button for this. I've uploaded a screenshot to my Image Library. But I cannot add it to a post.

Kr,

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (4,789)