cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivan_stricek Advocate II
Advocate II

Calculate variable by Compose

Hello,

I would like to ask how I can use finction if in Compose or Switch action.

If I put into Compose @if(empty(triggerBody()?['OData__x0070_jm1']?['Email']),'2','1') and then in email body use the compose output component, I have in message string"@if(empty(triggerBody()?['OData__x0070_jm1']?['Email']),'2','1')" not the result, which should be 2 or 1.

The same is if I want to use this expression in Switch - looks like no value like 2 or 1 is returned.

Is there some problem? Can I somhow retriew the result value? And is possible to use empty check on element of Person email field?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Calculate variable by Compose

Hi @ivan_stricek,

If you would like to use Compose Action, the input should be double quoted:

"@if(empty(triggerBody()?['OData__x0070_jm1']?['Email']),'2','1')"

And yes, the empty function would work here.

87.PNG

88.PNG

For the Switch Action, use the Compose Output as the parameter. 

Please note: If 1 and 2 are single quoted under the if functiion as the Compose Input, then when use compose output in Switch, the Equal value should be:

"2"

or 

"1"

89.PNG

If you would like to use 2 instead of "2", change the Compose input with the formula below:

"@if(empty(triggerBody()?['OData__x0070_jm1']?['Email']),2,1)"

90.PNG

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ivan_stricek,

If you would like to use Compose Action, the input should be double quoted:

"@if(empty(triggerBody()?['OData__x0070_jm1']?['Email']),'2','1')"

And yes, the empty function would work here.

87.PNG

88.PNG

For the Switch Action, use the Compose Output as the parameter. 

Please note: If 1 and 2 are single quoted under the if functiion as the Compose Input, then when use compose output in Switch, the Equal value should be:

"2"

or 

"1"

89.PNG

If you would like to use 2 instead of "2", change the Compose input with the formula below:

"@if(empty(triggerBody()?['OData__x0070_jm1']?['Email']),2,1)"

90.PNG

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ivan_stricek Advocate II
Advocate II

Yes double quotes, thank you. It is little confucing if I have to use double quotes in Compose but not in advance Condition.

One more question, is possible to change code in Copmpose component after saving? It becomes gray and if I need to change a code little bit, I have to delete rest of workflow with this component and create it again, because gray part is not possible to change..

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

@ivan_stricek,

No, it is not available to edit it for formula used under Compose, which currently is a limitation.

Please consider submit this as an idea if you would like the Compose Input to be editable after saving.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

regards

ivan_stricek Advocate II
Advocate II

thank you for help..

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (6,981)