cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccomins Resolver I
Resolver I

Can no longer select "Ask in PowerApps" within the Create HTML Table and Create CSV Table Actions

I used to be able to use the "Ask in PowerApps" dynamic content within the Create HTML and Create CSV Table actions and have existing flows doing this that are working fine. Now when I try to use "ask in powerapps" within either of the create table actions nothing happens. The dynamic content option is available and visible but selecting it does not add the content to the value or header column. Seems like this started after the branding change from Flow to power automate. Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
ccomins Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Can no longer select "Ask in PowerApps" within the Create HTML Table and Create CSV Table Actions

I have tested this on 3 different accounts in chrome and IE and all have the same issue. 

Community Support
Community Support

Re: Can no longer select "Ask in PowerApps" within the Create HTML Table and Create CSV Table Actions

Hi @ccomins ,

I did the test on my side and it is consistent with what you described. When I click "Ask in PowerApps", I cannot apply it to the Html Table action.

Perhaps the new update removes this behavior, please consider using the following alternative method to achieve your needs.

• Initialize the array variables to store the data to be rendered in the HTML table.
  • And use Append to array variable action to define the fields in the table and append field values.
  • Finally, you can directly configure the variables in From in the HTML table.

The From configured in Apply to each is equivalent to the From configured in the HTML table.

The configuration process of the Value of Append to array variable is equivalent to configuring Custom Columns.

Image reference:

89.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ccomins Resolver I
Resolver I

@v-bacao-msft Thank you for your reply.

The alternative method is fine and all, however, what do we do to get this fixed? I don't believe this was an intentional update or the "Ask in PowerApps" option would not even be visible as dynamic content. 

The reason I prefer this method is I can cut down on the number of actions used by creating a single dummy array variable and using that in the "From" field on each table I create in the flow, then custom fill each table with data fed from PowerApps.

Thank you

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ccomins ,

Yes, it seems more convenient if we can select Ask in PowerApps directly in the HTML table action.

I will consult PG Team if this is a new update or an unknown issue.

Also if you think the method I provided before is useful, please click "Accept as Solution", this makes it much easier for other members of the community to see and find when looking for a solution! This can be provided as a temporary solution to other Users.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (8,877)