cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielNash
Frequent Visitor

Can't Figure out how HTML to Text handles <td> tags

Hey Power Community,

I've got an automation running that pulls all it's data from specific emails, turns the HTML to text, then has conditions on whether the text contains a unique string or not to start the process. The HTML code looks like this (I separated the two <td> assets to make it clearer, originally on one line):

<td id="tdl_11" class="label lc" style="vertical-align:top; border:0 solid white; border-bottom-width:.83em; padding:0.83em 0; border-right-width:.83em"><label class="fieldLabel"><div class="fhelpTip NeedsQTip" title="Must be 3 or greater to be within SLA. &nbsp;Any value less than 3 will require approval." align="top"></div><b>Delivery vs Created</b></label></td>

<td id="tdf_11" class="cell cc" style="background-color:#f5f5f5; border:solid white; border-top-width:0; border-right-width:5.455em; border-left-width:.909em; vertical-align:top; border-bottom-width:.909em; padding:.83em">5</td>

When converted it will combine them and simplify them to "Delivery vs Created5", which works great. However, sometimes the character differences of the difference inputs sometimes creates a line break between the two:
"Delivery vs Created
5"
I don't know what determines where the line breaks will fall and how to get around that. When it comes in as HTML, all of the content of the email comes in as one line. 

Any way around this outside of some Excel magic? I can think of complicated Excel ways to do it, but I would like it to be simpler. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanielNash ,

Please refer to this article and see if it helps:

Flow: how to change the style of your HTML table in Microsoft Flow - Alex Tofan&#039;s blog

It is mentioned here that if you use HTML tags to format the table.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

What's in your link is SUPER cool and actually a great example of how powerful Power Automate can be!

However, you're using it to create HTML. For the sake of my problem, I don't see the connection. The problem is with the text that comes from the HTML. In order to make it readable for other parts of the automation, I turn the HTML to plain text. The problem is, it seems to have a row character limit, probably to make it more readable for humans, but my filters struggle with it if the string it cut in half by a return it made because of that character limit. Am I just not applying the knowledge in your article correctly to see how it helps?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,497)