cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M3chanix
Regular Visitor

Can't Save Flow due to validation error (appears to be a global microsoft issue)

Note: As of 10/11/2019 AM the issue appears to have been resolved by Microsoft. THANK YOU!

They have updated the default interval value

"recurrence": {
"interval": 5,
"frequency": "Minute"
},

A critical Microsoft (not user) error started happening today 10/10/2019 around 3PM CST

1) Click new automated flow

2) Trigger SharePoint "When an item is created"

3) Add any action

4) Try to save the flow and you receive the following error message, "The template validation failed: 'The 'recurrence' property of template trigger 'When_an_item_is_created' at line '1' and column '979' is not defined or not valid.'.Unfortunately due to this error I am unable to modify any of my existing flows, nor save any newly created flows....

When I peek the code in reference to the "recurrence" property this is what I see:

"recurrence": {
"interval": -0.016666666666666666,
"frequency": "Minute"  },

The interval is defined by Microsoft directly. This is not something that users have control over. My guess is that this interval was modified by someone at Microsoft today and now it's causing the above error.

11 REPLIES 11
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @M3chanix and All,

Microsoft Flow Team has been aware of this issue and is working on it. Please follow this link and message will be posted here once it is resolved: https://asia.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Error: Starting 10/9/2019, multiple users are experiencing issues while saving flows with polling triggers with a Template Validation Exception due to the recurrence property. The team is actively working on mitigating this issue.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AJ71
Frequent Visitor

@v-litu-msft 

Thanks clicked the link and get this at the top of the microsoft page

Good: No known issues: Microsoft Flow is running smoothly?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,747)