cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can't approve from Approval mail in Outlook client

Intro : i have a ticket with Microsoft for my problem since two weeks.

We can't approve from Approval mail in Outlook client since two weeks.

We can approve from flow on web but our users have been trained on Outlook Client solution.

...Sometimes, we just curious to know how ms test their updates.

Anyone with the same problem ?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

same issue here, it was working a week before.

Also, there is another post with more people with the same issue: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Error-responding-to-Flow-Approval-in-Out...

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same issue here. My crew is on Outlook 365 for the Desktop in Windows 10. At times, the approval process will "not load" into Outlook as it should, and instead "fallback" to a email that has blue button links which approvers need to click on, to then go to the Power Automate web site to approve requests. 

We have cases with our team, when we run an automated flow, the approval email will load with the fallback look.  But if we click "replay" on that email, or some other Outlook action, the approval email will correct itself.

Microsoft, is this a slight UI bug?  Is this something you guys are aware of? If so, is there a remedy on the way to making the approval process consistent within Outlook 365?

Highlighted

We dug into this for a new workflow where some of our Outlook desktop users weren't able to approve things right within the email. We decided this seems to be related to the version of Outlook. Newer versions allow users to approve within the email. What was most confusing was the different looking links and layout in the older versions. Ugh.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,352)