cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Cannot View Details of A Flow's History when Approval action/Wait For Approval Is Nested In Condition

I have created multiple flows with an approval/wait for approval action nested within a condition.

I now cannot view the details within the condition when the flow is running/cancelled. This was working last week.

See the following picture:

flowerror.png

The condition remains blanked out, and actions within cannot be viewed. This seems to only occur if an approval is nested within the condition.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Cannot View Details of A Flow's History when Approval action/Wait For Approval Is Nested In Condition

Hi @tlaz444 ,

It seems that it is an expected result.

If we configure Approval action in Control (Switch/Condition/ Apply to each), we can only view the run history in Control only after the Approval request is completed.

After all the actions in this scope are executed, we can view the run history in this Control.

Hope that makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot View Details of A Flow's History when Approval action/Wait For Approval Is Nested In Condition

Hm, this was not the behavior last week, you were able to open up the condition and see that the flow was waiting on the approval. Also when the approval is complete I still cannot view the history within the condition. 

It makes it very hard to troubleshoot a flow when I cant see what step the flow is on.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tlaz444 ,

If the approval action is configured as the first step in control, such a situation will occur. Because we need to wait for the approval request to complete before you can view the run history in the control.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,583)