cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_sayanghosh
Frequent Visitor

Cannot get the Expressions editor to show, EVER!

I have a weird issue. I can't seem to get the Expressions box pop-up, the Dynamic Context box ALWAYS pops-up regardless of which icon I click. i have also tried to use the keyboard shortcuts (clicking Ctrl + Shift + Enter) and it's the same outcome. 

Step 1 - Click on Add a Dynamic Value or Ctrl + Space - Works as expected

Step 1.png

Step 1 Outcome.png

Step 2 - Click on Expressions or Ctrl + Shift + Space - Does NOT work as expected

Step 2.png

Step 2 Outcome.png

This is driving me nuts as I can't even add a simple text transformation! I have searched around on the forums and tried the following things as suggested - 

• Changed the resolution of the monitor to various different ones, didn't work
  • Tried using a different browser (Firefox) where my primary browser was Chrome, didn't work
  • Tried clearing cookies, cache and all site data, didn't work
  • Tried using incognito mode (so it doesn't use any history/cache etc.), didn't work 
  • Tried using a different computer as well which has a much larger display, didn't work

I'm sure I'm missing something here - but I can't get a fundamental functionality to work and it's driving me insane! Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @_sayanghosh ,

Would you please take a try to turn off the Experimental Features to see if you could add the old UI :

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
_sayanghosh
Frequent Visitor

I should also report that this issue seems to happen in the new style pop-up. For some boxes where the old school right hand side pop up comes up, I can see both Dynamic and expression as expected. Screenshots attached.

Old style Expression.pngOld style Dynamic.png

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @_sayanghosh

Could you please take a try to create a new flow with the Compose action to see if the issue still exists?

I have made a test on my side and the Compose action would as screenshot below on my side:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Alice @v-alzhan-msft 

Thanks for your quick response. I just tested this, and for me the experience is just the same as before. Interestingly, I see that my experience is slightly different. If you see the image posted below and the bit circled in red, I see two icons - 1 for the dynamic content, 1 for expressions. Clicking both only ever opens the dynamic content window and never the expressions window. I see your experience is more like my second post, i.e. something that I see on limited boxes which work as expected. I wonder if I am getting some new UI (A/B testing) which doesn't quite work? Screenshot below.

Blank flow with Compose actionBlank flow with Compose action

Hi @_sayanghosh ,

Would you please take a try to turn off the Experimental Features to see if you could add the old UI :

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

View solution in original post

Hi Alice @v-alzhan-msft -

Thanks - spot on! That fixed my issue and got me back in business. Thanks so much, appreciate that.

It does indicate an issue with the preview / experimental feature though, but I guess that will be fixed before the new experience goes GA.

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,970)