cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Cannot read property 'location' of null - when running a Flow

I'm creating a flow which is triggerd by a SharePoint list and also uses a custom connector.

When the flow starts I get the error:

Server/Client Correlation ID: ae713031-9eed-4d90-b7df-518c3c446a55
Error: Cannot read property 'status' of null

..and the weird part is that the Flow completes just fine. I have no property named status in my custom connector, but I do have a SharePoint column named Status with a uppercase s, but I'm not using it as part of the Flow.

Any idea what goes on here, and it blocks me from using the visual view of a running flow when testing. I get the same error in two different environements as well.

And here's a different correlation id:  1c34d12e-65c5-4fae-afcd-5751167f794d

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi MikaelSvenson,

Could you show me a screenshot of your flow configuration?

Please try to use another SharePoint list which doesn’t have a Status column to see if you will still get the error message.

Please also check your Swagger file make sure you don’t miss any required properties.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Removing the status column had no effect.

You can take a look at my swagger definition at https://gist.github.com/wobba/ea1651c3a7643556412410ddfc5f2c23. It validates just fine using https://editor.swagger.io/ so not sure what could be missing.

The error comes right away, then the Flow runs fine.

Here's a collapsed screenshot of the flow. I could try to remove parts and see which part gives the error, but that's a lot of work, so I'll post-pone that until I'm done with all the steps I guess.

image.png

Highlighted

I did some quick debugging. When I remove my switch/case statement the error goes away. I have tried to both have a default path and not, and it throws the same error. But when running the switch/case runs just fine.

Highlighted

I have managed to boil it down to this minimal scenario. It's related to the loop with an if, and then the switch case somehow.

image.png

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello!

I'm getting the same error with my Flow.  It ran fine last week, and now it is not running at all.  When I go to check to see where the error occured in the flow, I am unable to view it visually, and am told to contact support:

Server/Client Correlation ID: 2a969bb1-ff28-4952-aac5-05dbbf8cd5a4
Error: Cannot read property 'status' of null

I have switch cases and Ifs in my flow, but again, it ran FINE with no problems when I was testing the flow last week.  I hadn't changed ANYTHING about the flow since then.

HELP!

UPDATE: I can now "see" the error in the Flow not running. This is the error I receive:

Why is this happening?  This worked with NO PROBLEM a week ago and nothing has changed in the flow between then and now.

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Folder clientRequestId: 32dde00c-4f72-4674-9b02-d099e4da080e

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Folder clientRequestId: 79a27529-8db4-4438-b20d-7c240703b350

Please help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (12,902)