cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Cannot rename actions with unfilled mandatory fields within flows

When I create an action that has required fields in a flow, I am unable to rename the action until all the required fields are filled. If I attempt to rename the action while any of the required fields are unfilled, Power Automate will allow me to put my cursor in the action's title bar, and it will even let me begin replacing the name, but within about two seconds, it will kick me out of the title bar, restore the original action name, and move my cursor to the unfilled required field.

This can cause further undesired behaviour when I need to change the action's name before completing a required field, because the content of that field is dependent upon the name of the action. For example, if I initialize a variable in a PowerApps-triggered flow, the initial value expression will use the current name of the action, and will appear that way as the argument in PowerApps. Once this is set for the first time, it cannot be changed. The only workaround is to be very quick to rename the action before entering the initial value expression.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Cannot rename actions with unfilled mandatory fields within flows

Hi @AIUYM19 ,

Sorry for your issue couldn't be confirmed on my side, could you please take a try to edit the flow on Google Chrome to see if the issue still exists?

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AIUYM19 ,

Could you please share the screenshot for your issue?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

I have created a mandatory column in a sharepoint list, and then I add a Create item action in my flow, I could successfully rename the action without enter value to the Title column and the mandatory column.

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, Alice.

Here is a screenshot, but you can't see what it's actually doing, since it's just an image. I created the Initialize Variable action, and then tried to rename it before entering the variable name. The screenshot doesn't do a good job of showing it, but I am allowed to type in a new name for about two seconds, and then whatever I typed is removed, and the original title is restored.

One detail I didn't make clear in my original post is that I cannot rename any action if there is an unfilled mandatory field in any action. That is, if there is an unfilled field in the Initialize Variable field, then I cannot rename a Get Items field, for example.

For context, I'm using Edge v85.0.564.51 on a Windows 10 machine. Both are up-to-date. I've cleared the cache, rebooted the machine, and even reset my Edge settings, but the issue persists. This issue has been occurring for a long time, even when I was using Google Chrome in 2019.

Screenshot 2020-09-17 090341.png

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AIUYM19 ,

I have made a test on my side and I could rename the Initial Variable action without fill the Name field on my side, and the warning message "Name is required" don't appear when I rename the action.

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Not sure, then. It's been happening for a long time on my end. I've tried two browsers and three laptops, and the issue consistently appears on all of them.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AIUYM19 ,

Sorry for your issue couldn't be confirmed on my side, could you please take a try to edit the flow on Google Chrome to see if the issue still exists?

Best Regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@v-alzhan-msft 

Your previous response was not a solution. I already stated (twice, once explicitly and once implicitly) that the issue also occurs while using Google Chrome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,858)