cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IulianaIonita

Cannot update Azure DevOps work item for "Other Fields"

I have created a very simple flow that triggers when a Azure DevOps work item is modified. The Action is intended to update the same work item , to add in a Custom field Custom_A a computing a value from three different other fields: Custom_B x Custom_C x Custom_D. 

To update "Other Fields" there is a Key and a value to define:

Key = dynamic value : set to field Custom_A

Value= Expression: mul(triggerBody()?['Fields']?['CustomB'], mul(triggerBody()?['Fields']?['Custom_C'],triggerBody()?['Fields']?['Custom_D']))

It does not work. I get back messages :

- Field Custom_A is not a field in process...

or  "10" (with 10 = value of  field Custom_A) is not a valid field

Am I using the "Other Fields"  wrongly or is it not working properly? 

12 REPLIES 12
lelandholmquest
Microsoft
Microsoft

So frustrating. None of what's written matches what I am experiencing.

If I select a work item type, only 1-2 custom fields are being shown. 

Regardless, the "Other fields" field is a single textbox. Not one that maps key to value.

It doesn't make any sense and I can't get it to work. This should be such a simple action.😫

@lelandholmquest I had to call out that the field was custom in the JSON:

hhhhhhhhhhh_0-1593321233098.png

Hope that helps!

Hi, I followed the relevant link to how to create custom field in the correct way. Although I used a Basic structure rather than the inherited processes. I cannot see my custom field in the Power Automate Create A Work Item flow in the same way as your screenshot shows Custom_A in your Update a Work Item .

I have tried setting up my own custom field in the Other fields section of the flow and although I can see in the failed runs it is recognising the field content it needs to use, the flow is not completing and creating the work item in Azure DevOps. How do I fix this? I want to see my Custom field as an option like you have shows in your screenshot

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,450)