Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HenryARPhillips
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Coalesce no longer being evaluated properly

We were using Coalesce to do something along the lines of 

Patch(DataSource,Record,{
Field1: Coalesce(Value(txtinput1.text),0,Value(txtinput1.text))
}
)

Data Source was Azure SQL

SQL column was currency, not checked with others but don't think it is the SQL column type

For now I have to replace the above with If(IsBlank

It might also be specific to when using the Value function within Coalesce

What I do know is it seriously killed whole chunks of logic when present and led to some really undesirable results such as data being blanked out 😞

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HenryARPhillips,

I tested it on my side but not found the same issue:

Screenshot 2021-03-05 140823.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-05 140924.jpg

Coalesce() function is a function that return the first non-null value in a collection.

If you could share some screenshots of the issue you met, it will help us assist you better.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HenryARPhillips
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks for looking into this. If you click the cursor before coalesce does it show the value cannot be evaluated. As that is what is killing the patches and it only seems to be present on the above formulas within the patch.

If not and it can evaluate for you, then I will do some more testing on my end to confirm repro steps.

Thanks

Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,698)