cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tanner
Level 8

Command Line fullpage screenshot does not work on Flow Edit page

Due to the lack of ability to export to Visio in Flow for some reason, we wanted to take a simple fullpage screenshot in our web browser of the whole flow.

Inexplicably, this does not work in Firefox or Chrome. It just takes a screenshot of the currently-viewable part of the page. It works on other flow webpages like the blog, but not in Flow Edit mode.

Can this please be fixed or can you let us export Flows to VIsio as Vsdx files? We could do this with SharePoint workflows, which Microsoft Flow purports to replace...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tanner
Level 8

Re: Command Line fullpage screenshot does not work on Flow Edit page

Just for completeness' sake, here is an image of one of the flows a coworker made that is too large to be screenshotted using the Firefox CLI with command "screenshot --fullpage". Trying to take a screenshot of it in Chrome responsive mode didn't work; it just gave us a black image. Likewise taking a screenshot of it in Firefox responsive mode worked, but Firefox can't render all the actions/conditions at one time for Flows of this size.

To get around these issues, we:

1. Added the extension "FireShot" to Chrome

2. deleted the sticky top bars from the Flow Edit page using Chrome Dev Tools

3. Used the "Capture Entire Page" option from FireShot.

And following those steps, this screenshot is what we came up with.Cellphone_Stipend_Flow_July2018.png

After I had the opportunity to take a look at the Flow, I recommended to my colleague that he replace the nested if conditions with a switch-case (something he wasn't familiar with) and also recommended he split the Flow up into smaller, thematic Flows (along the programming principle of "one purpose per function". Hopefully that will help in allowing us to take screenshots in Firefox in the future without having to resort to deleting markup from the page and using a 3rd party tool.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Tanner,

Could you please share a screenshot about the command Line fullpage screenshot does not work on Flow Edit page?

I afraid that command Line fullpage screenshot is not supported on Flow Edit page.

Besides,excporting Flows to VIsio as Vsdx files is not supported in microsoft flow currently,

If you want to export Flows to VIsio as Vsdx files,

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

Tanner
Level 8

If it's not supported then I'm not sure what point sharing a screenshot would serve. What I am curious about is why it's not supported; from what I can tell after 30 seconds of looking, the Flow website is powered by a mixture of AngularJS and React, neither of which should preclude the application-level function from working.

Luckily, I *was* able to go into responsive mode in Firefox and take a full-viewport screenshot there. The problem with that is some Flows are quite extensive, and as such don't render/appear properly in Firefox because you do not officially "support" Firefox. And unfortunately Chrome's viewport screenshot functionality does not work. So I am in a catch-22 here.

As for exporting Flows, I'm aware it was announced recently that exporting/importing Flows using Visio is currently in the works.

Tanner
Level 8

Just for completeness' sake, here is an image of one of the flows a coworker made that is too large to be screenshotted using the Firefox CLI with command "screenshot --fullpage". Trying to take a screenshot of it in Chrome responsive mode didn't work; it just gave us a black image. Likewise taking a screenshot of it in Firefox responsive mode worked, but Firefox can't render all the actions/conditions at one time for Flows of this size.

To get around these issues, we:

1. Added the extension "FireShot" to Chrome

2. deleted the sticky top bars from the Flow Edit page using Chrome Dev Tools

3. Used the "Capture Entire Page" option from FireShot.

And following those steps, this screenshot is what we came up with.Cellphone_Stipend_Flow_July2018.png

After I had the opportunity to take a look at the Flow, I recommended to my colleague that he replace the nested if conditions with a switch-case (something he wasn't familiar with) and also recommended he split the Flow up into smaller, thematic Flows (along the programming principle of "one purpose per function". Hopefully that will help in allowing us to take screenshots in Firefox in the future without having to resort to deleting markup from the page and using a 3rd party tool.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,399)