cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JW4
Level: Powered On

Comment section in 'Approval' function gets overridden when approving/commenting in Outlook desktop. This does not occur in the Flow web tool

Hi all,

Out of nowhere we are experiencing MS Flow issues with the comment section of the approval flow functionality. In our flow, 3 separate 'approvals' are included. All 3 have the functionality to leave a comment if necessary. The first one works perfect. But when leaving a comment in the second and third approval it gets overridden by: {{comment(the choice the user made).value}}. This looks like this: {{commentallcoils.value}}.

BUT: when using the FLOW web version instead of the Outlook desktop version this does not happen and the comment gets thru perfect. 

Any ideas on how to resolve this? Last week it work perfectly.

Many thanks in advance!

Untitled.png

Edit: The user comment gets overridden in/by the approval function itself. Please refer to the image below for clarification.

Capture12.PNG

Furthermore, the approval refers to a 'comment' attribut which is nolonger selectable under 'Dynamic Content'. Only 'Responses Comments' is available:

22.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Streamer

Re: Comment section in 'Approval' function gets overridden when approving/commenting in Outlook desktop. This does not occur in the Flow web tool

Hi JW4,

I also am experiencing this issue when responding with the Outlook email client (please see my post on this issue).

You can still capture comments if your users reply in Outlook Online (in their browser of choice) or by selecting "Show original message" at the bottom of the email request and responding within their Flow account (the old way).

It's not ideal, and I'm hoping Microsoft fixes this issue soon.

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Comment section in 'Approval' function gets overridden when approving/commenting in Outlook desktop. This does not occur in the Flow web tool

Hi @JW4 ,

I will raise this issue to MS team.

I think this issue will be fixed in the future.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

JW4

@Streamer : Thank you!

JW4

@v-zhos-msft : Thanks. I do hope it is resolved ASAP. 

Flow Staff dblyth
Flow Staff

Just to provide an update -- this should be fixed later today (6/18) in all regions. Please let me know if you are seeing it after today. 

gtsmith

Fantastic news! Thank you for the update. We'll keep an eye out for this. 

>