cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Common Data Service (current environment) returns error 401

Hello,
We are trying to switch over from D365 connector, since it's deprecated, to the CDS one, and since the App that we are attaching the Power Automate flows are supposed to be portable across environments, we have decided to use CDS (current environment) connector, the problem is, when the D365 Connector steps are recreated with the new one, it always throws a 401 error. It doesn't matter if a new flow is created inside a solution, or a new flow is created from a PowerApp inside a solution, it always returns a 401 error.
I have tried deleting and re-creating the Connections, but to no avail.

Then I tried using the standard CDS connector with the (Current) environment set, but... it sometimes works, and it sometimes returns that: "Could not find any valid connection for connection reference name 'shared_commondataservice' in APIM tokens header.". Again tried recreating the flow inside and outside of solutions. Also deleted and re-created the CDS connector. I see no clear pattern between the flows that work and the ones that don't

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @petya_ivanovaa 

The error 401 is related to authentication issue. If you have already tried to delete the connection and recreated it , still that did not work, check if the cache is cleared in the browser. Try using Microsoft edge . Share me the screenshot of what is the end result you get ..

Thank you for the quick reply.
Unfortunately it didn't work.
I am using incognito tab either way, so it wouldn't be the cache.
I tried through Chrome, Mozilla and Edge, I even tried a different environment, since I have access to two of them.

I tried even creating two flows in two different solutions, but no luck.Capture.PNG

Hello @petya_ivanovaa 

The error is related to your access for the Entity Name: Account. If the error is not specific to Accounts entity and for every entities you get the issue, would suggest to log a ticket for further investigation Or you need to verify with your account related to the privileges/permissions at your end .

Please open up support ticket @ https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ to get further assistance .

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,706)