cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichBurdes
Level: Powered On

Compose Expressions rendering as plain text on import

Hey Folks,

Bit of a random one but I'm seeing two compose expressions rendering as text if I edit another area of my Flow. I f I adjust them back and save all is good - but I need to remember to toggle these two fields everytime I do something new.

The Expressions arent too wild, one is looking for an empty result set and the other converting time to a local time zone date time and adding it to an html table within an email.

If I save and dont touch the Flow it all works, but if I edit the flow, this seems to trigger the expression to render as text in the editable flow - so if I save the flow without checking these fields, the flow will then fail.

Anyone else seeing this?

Expression syntax is :  (last updated being a column from sql)

convertTimeZone(item()?['LastUpdated'],'New Zealand Standard Time','New Zealand Standard Time','dd-MM-yyyy')

The other expression is just looking for an empty get rows action.

empty(body('Get_rows_2')?['value'])

rendering as text.pngrender as expression.pngdateexpressionastext.pngexpressionworking.png

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Compose Expressions rendering as plain text on import

Hi @RichBurdes,

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

My expression language wouldn't be adjusted automatically and the flow would always works fine on my side.

Please recreate the flow to to check if the issue still exists and let me know the result.

Best regards,

Alice

RichBurdes
Level: Powered On

Re: Compose Expressions rendering as plain text on import

Hi Alice - recreated the same flow. Issue persists.

I can save the flow and test it all great, then if I exit out of the edit screen and go back to the flow home page, then go back to the same flow and edit it, the expression renders as text in the edit screen.

I see the same issue on 5 other flows - so not just one random malformed flow - to me this is a bug within Flow - or the documentation needs to be updated to advise that using expression syntax to convert a date expression from sql into your local time is not supported.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,429)