cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jasa
Level: Power Up

Convert file (preview) losing characters in FileName (x-ms-file-name) e.g. + (plus character)

Im using Convert file to convert emails and containg attachments to pdf (from word excel ...).
When using the dynamic content for Convert file "File name" a plus sign i the orignal file name will get lost.

eg

"This is 1 + 2.docx" results in "This is 1 2.pdf" when calling.image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Convert file (preview) losing characters in FileName (x-ms-file-name) e.g. + (plus character)

Hi @jasa,

Could you please create two Compose actions to output the File name? To find whether it will change between the two steps.

Annotation 2019-08-30 173022.png

I have no permission to the Azure Blob, so I couldn't test create a file in a blob, but I have tested create a file from the arrived email then convert it into the PDF file, it works well.Annotation 2019-08-30 173544.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Convert file (preview) losing characters in FileName (x-ms-file-name) e.g. + (plus character)

Hi @jasa,

Could you please create two Compose actions to output the File name? To find whether it will change between the two steps.

Annotation 2019-08-30 173022.png

I have no permission to the Azure Blob, so I couldn't test create a file in a blob, but I have tested create a file from the arrived email then convert it into the PDF file, it works well.Annotation 2019-08-30 173544.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jasa
Level: Power Up

Hi
Did some more testing: It's not the Convert File that does looses + (plus) sign in filename.

It is Create Blob. Attached image is dumped from the “log”.

2019-09-04 13_39_02-Run History _ Microsoft Flow.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,675)