cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasa
Level: Power Up

Convert file (preview) losing characters in FileName (x-ms-file-name) e.g. + (plus character)

Im using Convert file to convert emails and containg attachments to pdf (from word excel ...).
When using the dynamic content for Convert file "File name" a plus sign i the orignal file name will get lost.

eg

"This is 1 + 2.docx" results in "This is 1 2.pdf" when calling.image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Convert file (preview) losing characters in FileName (x-ms-file-name) e.g. + (plus character)

Hi @jasa,

Could you please create two Compose actions to output the File name? To find whether it will change between the two steps.

Annotation 2019-08-30 173022.png

I have no permission to the Azure Blob, so I couldn't test create a file in a blob, but I have tested create a file from the arrived email then convert it into the PDF file, it works well.Annotation 2019-08-30 173544.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Convert file (preview) losing characters in FileName (x-ms-file-name) e.g. + (plus character)

Hi @jasa,

Could you please create two Compose actions to output the File name? To find whether it will change between the two steps.

Annotation 2019-08-30 173022.png

I have no permission to the Azure Blob, so I couldn't test create a file in a blob, but I have tested create a file from the arrived email then convert it into the PDF file, it works well.Annotation 2019-08-30 173544.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jasa
Level: Power Up

Hi
Did some more testing: It's not the Convert File that does looses + (plus) sign in filename.

It is Create Blob. Attached image is dumped from the “log”.

2019-09-04 13_39_02-Run History _ Microsoft Flow.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 69 members 3,598 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: