cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Convert time zone not working as expected

I'm trying to convert an NZST timestamp to UTC using the Convert Time Zone action, but the output is the same as the input:

image.png

I expect the output to be "2019-09-26 12:00:00Z" today, but if I run this next week after daylight savings it will be 11:00:00Z as the time component of the string. This is the reason I can't just use addHours, so I need this conversion action to work,

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Convert time zone not working as expected

Whether or not this is intentional or a bug, I found if the input timestamp is in 's' format instaed of 'u', it works OK.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Convert time zone not working as expected

Hi @WillPage ,

You could try the following configuration. If your time zone is UTC + Hours, then you can set the Destination time zone to (UTC-12:00) International Date Line West.

If your time zone is UTC - Hours, select (UTC) Coordinate Universal Time.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,133)