cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

Copied content from Select Action's Text Mode Editor is Missing Quotes

When I copy the contents of the Select action's Text Mode editor, I find that it's missing the quotes around the values, so not only do I have to make my intended modifications, I also have to put the quotes back in so that the editor will accept it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @pitr ,

Thank you for your reply!

This is an expected result. If you edit data in text mode and add Dynamic content, it will add double quotes outside dynamic content.

But it will add double quotes outside this reference automatically in the peek code.

So if you want to copy the body from Select action, I suggest that you could copy it from peek code as follows:

83.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pitr ,

Please consider explaining your question with a screenshot of the flow configuration so that we could analyze the issue easily.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your response.

I'm sorry, yes, I should've included screenshots.

Here's a quick sample of the experience.

Here's the text mode editor for one of of the Selects.
FlowCopyPaste_1-Select.png

If this were pretty large and I had need to make multiple edits, I would take a copy of this and paste it into something more convenient to use.  Here I'm pasting into NotePad

FlowCopyPaste_2-IntoNotepad.png

Note that the quotes around the values are missing.

If I were to paste it back into the editor as-is, I find that the editor is not satisfied.

FlowCopyPaste_3-BackIntoFlow.png

To satisfy the editor, I have to add the quotes around the values.

FlowCopyPaste_4-ManuallyFixed.png

And now Flow is happy again.

FlowCopyPaste_5-FlowIsHappyAgain.png

Hi @pitr ,

Thank you for your reply!

This is an expected result. If you edit data in text mode and add Dynamic content, it will add double quotes outside dynamic content.

But it will add double quotes outside this reference automatically in the peek code.

So if you want to copy the body from Select action, I suggest that you could copy it from peek code as follows:

83.PNG

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (6,860)