cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Copy new files from your PC to SharePoint flow template does not work

The below flow template does not work:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/d2f34ae0dfa011e6b070f5b13cd24608/copy-ne...

I can confirm the following:

• I have On-premises data gateway installed on my PC
  • I make no modifications to the template, other than defining and adding a new connection, and specifying a SharePoint library to upload a site into.
  • After activiating the flow and saving a file into the folder defined in the new connection, the flow fails with the below inputs and outputs. 
  • There appears to be an issue with the inputs - it is not passing the file folder that was defined in the connection. The flow does not allow me to edit the existing connection to review the saved folder.

Inputs

Host
{
"api": {
"runtimeUrl": "https://australia-001.azure-apim.net/apim/filesystem"
},
"connection": {
"name": "/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apis/shared_filesystem/connections/shared-filesystem-a67b28fe-7890-4c55-b57c-c88d9506ee40"
}
}

Method
get

Path
/datasets/default/triggers/onnewfile

Authentication
{
"scheme": "Key",
"parameter": "*sanitized*",
"value": "*sanitized*",
"type": "Raw"
}

Queries
{
"folderId": ""
}

Outputs

Header
{
"Pragma": "no-cache",
"x-ms-request-id": "56201224-509e-42dc-8a11-980dc3dc99ee",
"Timing-Allow-Origin": "*",
"Cache-Control": "no-cache",
"Date": "Thu, 29 Jun 2017 03:59:15 GMT",
"Set-Cookie": "ARRAffinity=b72875202f78b3207e210dacc3385d4360e0779d57c0c23d1a3e3f5fd0a63571;Path=/;HttpOnly;Domain=filesystemconnectionprovider-australiaeast.sy3-ase-001.p.azurewebsites.net",
"Server": "Microsoft-IIS/8.0,Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0",
"X-AspNet-Version": "4.0.30319",
"X-Powered-By": "ASP.NET",
"Content-Length": "160",
"Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8",
"Expires": "-1"
}

Body

{
"status": 400,
"message": "A value must be provided for folder identifier.",
"source": "filesystemconnectionprovider-australiaeast.sy3-ase-001.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Copy new files from your PC to SharePoint flow template does not work

Hi Gratorn,

Please make sure you have created the File system connection properly.

I test with the template you provided, but I found that it doesn’t work. So I create a flow from blank using the trigger “File system – when one or more files are created”, and it is working.

4.PNG

Please check the connection you have created, you could also try to start the flow from blank with same trigger and action.

Please feel free reply if you are still having the issue.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Copy new files from your PC to SharePoint flow template does not work

Hi Mabel, thanks for the reply. 

I've tried creating a flow from scratch as you suggested, but haven't had any luck in getting it to upload a file into a SharePoint library. When you configured the flow, what dynamic content value did you add into the 'File Content' field? The list of dynamic content options available appear to only provide attributes related to the metadata of the file, and not the file itself. 

flow-upload.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,166)