cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Corrupted data received in Google sheet from Gmail attachment

I am creating a simple flow in which when Gmail receives an email with an attachment then save the base64 content in Google Sheets. But the data received in google sheet in corrupted each time I try to run the flow.

How can I solve this issue?

GmailFlowIssue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Corrupted data received in Google sheet from Gmail attachment

Hi @Harmanpreet,

 

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to save the attachment content into a column within your Google sheet?

 

The issue is confirmed on my side, the Content dynamic content the "When a new email arrives" trigger returned is a binary data. When you type the Content dynamic content within the FileContent field of your Google Google sheet, the issue would be shown up as you mentioned.

 

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:6.JPG

Within "Insert row" action, the FileContent field set to following formula:

item()?['ContentBytes']

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

 

8.JPG

 

 

More details about using expression in flow actions, please check the following article:

Use expression in flow actions

 

 

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Corrupted data received in Google sheet from Gmail attachment

Hi @Harmanpreet,

 

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to save the attachment content into a column within your Google sheet?

 

The issue is confirmed on my side, the Content dynamic content the "When a new email arrives" trigger returned is a binary data. When you type the Content dynamic content within the FileContent field of your Google Google sheet, the issue would be shown up as you mentioned.

 

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:6.JPG

Within "Insert row" action, the FileContent field set to following formula:

item()?['ContentBytes']

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

 

8.JPG

 

 

More details about using expression in flow actions, please check the following article:

Use expression in flow actions

 

 

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,796)