cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Create Event (v4) Action: Time zone issue on Outlook

I created a flow that creates a meeting invite when certain itens are inputed on a Sharepoint list.

The flow is creating the meeting event with the desired date and time zone (UTC-3:00 Brasilia).

Anotação 2020-01-14 113307.png

However, when I double click the event on the Outlook app to see detailed informations, the time zone reverts back to UTC 0:00 and the event ends up being 3 hours ahead.

Anotação 2020-01-14 113402.png

I have already checked the time zone configurations on Sharepoint, my Sharepoint user and Outlook. They are all set to the desired time zone (UTC-3:00 Brasilia).

Also, I tried to use the Create Event (v3) action instead of v4, since it seemed to work to an user with a similar issue, but it didn't work for me. Create event v4 time zone issue

This bug only occurs on Office 365 and Office 2016. We are having no problems on Outlook Online.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Create Event (v4) Action: Time zone issue on Outlook

Hi @willmaeda,

Yes, I have tested the Create event (V4), Create event (V3) and Create event (V2) on my side, and I found the Create event (V4) action could not set the time zone, the other two actions could work perfectly.

And you said there is a user with some problem with Create Event (V3), maybe it's the issue with his calendar time zone setting, you could ask him to make sure the Outlook time zone setting. Or using the Create event V2 instead.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: Create Event (v4) Action: Time zone issue on Outlook

I'm seeing the same behavior in a flow that we're using for Leave Approvals. For testing, I created another flow that takes items from a SharePoint list and puts them on my Outlook calendar. To compare, I added the Create event (V4) action twice: one with time zone set to UTC and the other with it set to local time (Eastern US), as shown below:

CreateEventV4_Actions_2020-02-17_10-21-18.png

When the events are added to Outlook, they show up in the proper place at the proper times, but when opening them, the Time Zone selector appears, set to UTC, and the times show the correct (UTC) time. 

CreateEventV4_Events_2020-02-17_10-21-18.png

At first, I thought it was some weird setting in my mailbox/Outlook instance. However, several colleagues have confirmed that the same thing is happening to them in similar situations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,969)