cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Create event v4 time zone issue

I am trying to create a flow that automatically creates a meeting invite based on a users responses to an MS Form. Previously, I had this working correctly, using Create event v3. However, as I am starting a new project, I need to set up a new flow, and the only option I have is V4.

Create Event v3:

When using v3, the timezone was not a required field, and so, I did not enter anything in that field, and it would automatically select my timezone by default. I know the formatting of my date and time is correct as it worked in v3.

Create Event v4:

When using the exact same setup for V4, the issue I am having is that even though I select my timezone ((UTC+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney), when the event is created, it reverts back to UTC, and the event that is created ends up being 11 hours ahead. I believe the extra hour is due to daylight savings. I tried using UTC as the timezone, and that doesn't make a difference. 

Is there anything that I can do to resolve this? Failing that, is there any way to access create event v3?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Create event v4 time zone issue

Hi,

The problem with entering time 11 hours later is that when it crosses over midnight, the flow fails as it starts reading the start time as prior to end time.

I have found a workaround and used 'Copy to My Cliboard (preview)' function to copy v3 from an old flow that was using v3.

I haven't tested outlook.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @svaz ,

I have made a test on my side, the Create Event (v3) action of Office 365 Outlook connector is removed currently, so we couldn't use the Create Event (v3) action of Office 365 Outlook connector currently.

Please take a try with the following workaround:

1. You could use the Create Event (v3) action of Outlook.com connector to achieve the requirement.

2. You could enter the event time 11 hours later when use the Create Event (v4) action of Office 365 Outlook connector.

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hi,

The problem with entering time 11 hours later is that when it crosses over midnight, the flow fails as it starts reading the start time as prior to end time.

I have found a workaround and used 'Copy to My Cliboard (preview)' function to copy v3 from an old flow that was using v3.

I haven't tested outlook.com

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @svaz ,

It is a very smart solution to use the 'Copy to My Cliboard (preview)' function to copy the Create event (v3) action of Office 365 Outlook connector from an old flow.

Since your problem has been solved, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Thanks, although not sure how much help it will be for others who don't have an existing flow with Create flow v3 in it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,445)