cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Create trigger fails if the callback url is placed in query instead of body

Here is the connector that fails with callback url in query.

https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-e021ec19-1a78-4d24-9271-9d7a522a8531/connecti...

The trigger works when testing it in the Custom connector editor's Test page. However, when creating a flow with this trigger from this connector, the flow 'subscribe' action returns a 404 error, it did not hit my server at all, which means the Flow server fails to construct a correct url for creating a trigger with my server. The error url is:

404 (Not Found)

https://management.azure.com/providers/Microsoft.ProcessSimple/environments/Default-e021ec19-1a78-4d...

By comparison here a connector with the callback url in the body, when creating with this connector, the request can reach my server.

https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-e021ec19-1a78-4d24-9271-9d7a522a8531/connecti...

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Create trigger fails if the callback url is placed in query instead of body

Hi @Andy1,

All the links were failed to reach from my side. Could you pls share the detailed information in text here with some screenshots also? Thanks.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Create trigger fails if the callback url is placed in query instead of body

The url parameter is set to receive the callback URLThe url parameter is set to receive the callback URL

No error in testerNo error in testerError in flow editorError in flow editor

To keep things simple, I only have two parameters in query of the trigger, one is 'code', the other one is 'url'.

I set the 'url' in query to receive the callback URL as shown in screenshot 1.

After creating the connector, I tested the subscribe action in the tester, it worked as expected. (screenshot 2)

Then I tried to create a flow with this connector's trigger, I got the 404 error as shown in screenshot 3 (no request is sent to my server).

When I put the 'url' parameter in the request's body, the request could go through to my server both in tester and flow editor.

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,827)