cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikkiel
Frequent Visitor

Creating a record in Model-Driven app creates two records instead of one

Hi,

I've been working on a model-driven app for the last week or so and today something strange started happening.

Every time I make a record (in my case a custom "lead" table record) another record appears in the "opportunity" table after a few seconds. This record shares the name of the lead but nothing else. There are two BPF's, one for each table, and a flow can be run at the end of the lead-table BPF to convert a lead into a opportunity.

It was not happening earlier today and suddenly started after I had some trouble with displaying views I wanted to edit in the model driven editor.

At first I thought the flow was the culprit and was running unrequested, but in there is nothing in its flow-history that wasn't manually triggered. 

Mikkiel_0-1617973828127.png

The record in the table I intended it to be in.

Mikkiel_1-1617973949038.png

And here it is appearing in the other table, while I only used the built-in "add record" function of the model driven app.

I have also noticed that importing data from an excel template has the same problem, every lead imported gets a ghost-opportunity with no data except for a name.

I suspect it might be account-related as my coworker can add leads without any ghost-records appearing in the opportunities.

Any help regarding this is greatly appreciated

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Users online (58,021)