cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Streamer
Level: Powered On

Re: Custom Approvals: Comments not passing through when entered from Outlook client

Hi @Zooney1 ,

Upon further inspection, it appears comments are passing through when using the Start and wait for an approval connector with the Approve/Reject option, but not when using the custom approvals with the Start and wait for an approval (V2) connector.

Streamer

Re: Custom Approvals: Comments not passing through when entered from Outlook client

Hi @Zooney1 

I've noticed that comments for custom approvals are passing through (from the Outlook email client) when the reponse options are "Approve" or "Reject".

Case when the response option is "Option 1".

Option1.jpg

Case when the response option is "Approve".

Approve.jpg

Case when the response option is "Reject".

reject.jpg

Flow Staff dblyth
Flow Staff

This issue should be resolved later today (6/18). Please let us know if you are still having difficulty after tomorrow.

jwhite
Level 8

This issue has just started affecting me and a couple of my colleages, made a test flow with the issue as below:

Test Flow Comments Error.png

test flowa comments error outputs.pngtest flow comments error notification.png

gentouruaisd

After hours of tinkering I came across this post and I am having the same issue to.  My flow was working perfectly until someone notified me that comments aren't show.  My flow gathers comment from various responses and send to the user.. Now the comments are showing up as

User 1: (Accept) {{Comment-1.value}}
User 2: (Accept) {{Comment-1.value}}

Flow Staff dblyth
Flow Staff

The Outlook team is working on this. It is a regression on their side, and they are looking into a fix.

GowthamR

Hi,

I was having the same issue, but when I did some testing I found that this was happening when I approve the emails fom Chrome Browser.

When I do it from Firefox, Outlook Desktop and IE, this does not happen.

Can you please test the same and let me know if this is the case for you too?

Regards,

Gowtham

FreeNit

Hello.

I have tested with Chrome, IE, and Firefox the result is the same:

2019-08-09 08_44_34-Mail - Dmytro Bolilyi - Outlook - Internet Explorer provided by Jabil.png

Flow Staff dblyth
Flow Staff

The latest from the Outlook team is that the fix is in and should roll out over the next 2 days.
Delia_Laudoni

Hi,

Do you have the "Try the new Outlook" feature active?

Capture.PNG

When I switched off the feature it started working again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 209 members 4,007 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: