cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Custom Connector created from Postman Collection works in 'Test Operation' but not when loaded into a live Flow

Hi ,

I am trying to perform an HTTP Request using a Postman Collection as a custom connector in Flow.

The collection imports successfully and when I click Test Operation, the full HTTP Response comes back in xml as expected.  I am using No Auth.

I create and connect to the connector successfully, but then when I load it into a live flow the response returns as a random string of characters - what looks to be encrypted JSON?

All the collection does is make a simple HTTP Request, and I only switched to trying to use a custom Postman connector because the default HTTP Request action in Flow was also returning this encrypted JSON.  

How can it work fine when tested but not in actual flow creation?

Any advice?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ak123bcd ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please explain more details about the error message?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hi Alice,

My custom connector is imported from a Postman Collection.  In Postman the request works fine and I can download an XML file.

As you can see in the screenshot below, when I test the custom connector using the 'Test Operation' button during creation/editing, the request is successful and I can see the XML data in the response. 

test response.png

However, when I then load the connector into a New flow, using the same headers and body, as seen below:

flow.png

The response comes back in the format seen below.  I'm not exactly sure what format this is, I thought maybe Base64 or encrypted Json?  I can use the xml() expression to convert it to xml, but the output is then just plain text with no tags, meaning I cannot use the data.

flow response.png

I notice that I have some extra authorization headers in the Test Operation request (seen below), but I have also tried adding this header to the request when I create the flow and I still get the same response format above.  Also, I am selectin No Auth when creating the custom connector so I would have thought this would be unnecessary.

autho.png

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

ak1

Highlighted

Bump  @v-alzhan-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,559)