cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clean13

Custom slack message icon not working...

Pushing a message into Slack allows the user to point to a URL to use as the custom image for that Slack message icon.  I've tried this multiple ways and nothing I have done gets Slack to recognize the defined image in the Flow setup.  I just keep getting the default Microsoft Power Apps+ logo.  Previous users in the community (2016) indicated this was working fine.  Can anyone else confirm this feature is still functional (or what I might be doing wrong)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@v-xida-msft

I discovered the solution.  The Flow input is expecting the file extension, even though the hosting site I was using (imgur) doesn't naturally provide that within it's links.  Once I added the .jpg (or .png, etc) to the end of the link that imgur passed, it worked without problem.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Clean13,

Thanks for your feedback, I have made a test and the issue is confirmed on my side. 

I have posted this issue to my product team, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.

Best regards,

Kris 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Awesome...thanks for the follow up Kris...appreciate it.

@v-xida-msft

I discovered the solution.  The Flow input is expecting the file extension, even though the hosting site I was using (imgur) doesn't naturally provide that within it's links.  Once I added the .jpg (or .png, etc) to the end of the link that imgur passed, it worked without problem.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,945)