cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VD
Helper II
Helper II

D365 F&O Update Record issue blocked by Mandatory Field

I built a flow for D365 F&O to update a record, Flow has a mandatory fields for the entity being the ProductNumber and ItemNumber, but when running the flow it gives the below error:

"message": "An error has occurred. update not allowed for field 'ProductNumber'\r\n"

I am not trying to Update the Product Number and Item Number but Flow forces me to define it.

Capture.PNGError.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Rob_Boekel, I found workaround on this, just pass "null" values for mandatory fields in flow.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
alrez
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Thank you for your post. I will work with the team that owns this connector to confirm this and we will take a look.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

NickLaenen
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here with the ProductionOrderHeader entity. Please solve this issue..

VD
Helper II
Helper II

@NickLaenen, I did some changes in Product Number field, I set AllowEdit==Yes and it works.

But changing the AllowEdit to true is not the right solution and it may affect other functionalities in D365.

@alrez, Q: Why Product number is mandatory input in power automate flow? i couldn't see any logic behind it.

Rob_Boekel
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

is there any news on this topic? I am facing the same issue.

@Rob_Boekel, I found workaround on this, just pass "null" values for mandatory fields in flow.

View solution in original post

NickLaenen
Frequent Visitor

@VD Great job! Works perfect finally!

Rob_Boekel
Frequent Visitor

Great @VD worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,581)