cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Date and time format wrong when converting xlsx to pdf

Hi all

I got an issue when converting an xlsx spreadsheet into a pdf using the convert file connector from OneDrive. The date and number format is put out as "en-US" instead of "de-CH", which means date format is mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd.mm.yyyy. The xlsx displays the correct values in the fat client as well as in the online version. All my regional settings in O365 (account, onedrive, sharepoint) are correctly set. I also found an option in the Power Automate settings that says "regional settings" but they're also correctly set... 

5 REPLIES 5
Frequent Visitor

Here's the onedrive conversion connector that causes the issue: 

2020-11-17-Flow bearbeiten _ Power Automate1.png

This is how the date looks in Excel:

Excel.png

This is how it's translated during the conversion:

2020-11-17.png

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marc756,

I tested the Flow on my side but not find the same issue. I tried both Convert file using path and Convert file and they could convert it normally. All of My regional settings are 'en-us', not "de-CH".

Screenshot 2020-11-19 135555.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-19 135801.jpg 

Here is Excel number format setting:Screenshot 2020-11-19 140603.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lin Tu

Thanks for verifying. I figured out that the cell format was prefixed with an asterisk, which allows to convert into another regional format. I've now set it to use dd.mm.yyyy explicitly:

marc756_0-1605772239938.png

Now, it's getting very odd, as the date in the converted pdf is now in UK format dd/mm/yyyy:

marc756_1-1605772290660.png

😕

Frequent Visitor

I've conducted another test today and it remains odd. I've created two lines with different de-CH formatting in a blank excel file:

Test2.xlsx - Excel.png

Zellen formatieren.png

And here's the output of the PDF converted by PowerAutomate:

est2.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png

So it seems to be a delimiter issue. Instead of a period '.' the PDF shows a slash '/'

Can you file a bug report for this issue?

Same issue, make´s me wicked. I think this is a major bug in onedrive.

Please MS fix it:-)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (66,313)