cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date captured incorrectly in SharePoint Document Library

I have created an approval flow that captures approval dates against the document in a SharePoint Document library. The flow uses the Date Time and Convert Time Zone actions and applies the output to a Date/Time field in SharePoint.

image.png

The output in flow displays correct date and time however SharePoint differs based on the formatting of the field.

If I set the field to Date and Time the UTC conversion is double applied (Test 5). If the field is set to only display the Date, then the date is reflected correctly (Test 6). Modifying the field to contain Date and Time then displays the correct values.

image.png

Test 5 - Details captured when the field contained Date and Time. Incorrect in library.

Test 6 - Details captured with Date only field and thereafter updated the library to display date and time. This is the correct result.

image.png

This appears to be a bug in the data that is transferred to SharePoint.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hermankramer ,

Thanks for feedback.

According to your description, you are trying to save date and time value to SharePoint list. If the field is set to Date and Time, the time value won’t be correctly displayed. If the field is set to Date only, the date is correct, however, you’ll have to modify the field to contain Date and Time then the value will be displayed properly.

If then, the issue could be reproduced by me.

I will help report it on my side and back to you later.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yamao-msft Thanks for the feedback.

You are correct in your response. 

Hi @hermankramer ,

The issue has been reported.

I will back to you once I got any updates.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (73,258)