cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Delete an Item Action Won't work with a SharePoint List over 5k items

If all the other actions failed when working with a list over 5k items, I wouldn't think it was a bug. As it is though, if I try to delete an item from a list that has over 5k items in SharePoint, I get an error returned saying this goes against the list view threshold. So it's either that only the Delete request is the only call that isn't allowed with a 5k list view threshold or something else is amiss. I Tried both retrieving an item (Get Item Action) and updating an item (Update Item Action) and both worked fine...what am I missing here?

Please tell me this is a bug in Flow (and PowerApps which also gets hit by this) rather than saying that the shiniest new tooling from Microsoft just can't delete items from a list with more than 5k items.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Delete an Item Action Won't work with a SharePoint List over 5k items

Hi @ stormea,

I have made a test and the issue is confirmed on my side, when working with a list over 5k items, the “Get item” action and the “Update item” action both work but the “Delete item” action would run failed and have the error with the threshold.

I would post this issue to my product team, if the issue is solved, I will reply here.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Delete an Item Action Won't work with a SharePoint List over 5k items

Was any progress made on this? I am trying to remove items marked for deletion - I can do it manually since is only 500 so records but it would be great if Flow could do it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (8,528)