cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Delete an Item Action Won't work with a SharePoint List over 5k items

If all the other actions failed when working with a list over 5k items, I wouldn't think it was a bug. As it is though, if I try to delete an item from a list that has over 5k items in SharePoint, I get an error returned saying this goes against the list view threshold. So it's either that only the Delete request is the only call that isn't allowed with a 5k list view threshold or something else is amiss. I Tried both retrieving an item (Get Item Action) and updating an item (Update Item Action) and both worked fine...what am I missing here?

Please tell me this is a bug in Flow (and PowerApps which also gets hit by this) rather than saying that the shiniest new tooling from Microsoft just can't delete items from a list with more than 5k items.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Delete an Item Action Won't work with a SharePoint List over 5k items

Hi @ stormea,

I have made a test and the issue is confirmed on my side, when working with a list over 5k items, the “Get item” action and the “Update item” action both work but the “Delete item” action would run failed and have the error with the threshold.

I would post this issue to my product team, if the issue is solved, I will reply here.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Delete an Item Action Won't work with a SharePoint List over 5k items

Was any progress made on this? I am trying to remove items marked for deletion - I can do it manually since is only 500 so records but it would be great if Flow could do it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,456)