cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anonymousguy2
Level: Powered On

Deleted Microsoft Forms/Surveys/Quizzes visible in Form ID field in Flow

Hello! When I choose the the 'When a new response is submitted' trigger in Flow and select the drop down for the Form ID, the list contains deleted Forms, Surveys and Quizzes that I have removed from my Microsoft Forms library. I deleted the excel files that I had saved to my computer that were underlying the original Forms, Surveys and Quizzes to in order to remove any remnants of them, but they are still showing up as selectable in that drop down list. Flow with deleted Surveys.jpg

This may be more a case of unexpected behavior than a bug, but wanted to see if anyone else has observed this happening too and/or if anyone knows how to resolve it to that only current items in Microsoft Forms are visible/selectable in the Form ID dropdown. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Deleted Microsoft Forms/Surveys/Quizzes visible in Form ID field in Flow

Hi @anonymousguy2 ,

I tested it again on my side. As long as I deleted the Forms in Recycle Bin, it would not appear in Flow's Forms Id list.

44.PNG

Please try again and again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @anonymousguy2 ,

I did a test on my side and found that Form Id list will also display the Forms moved to recycle bin, so there is the situation you mentioned.

As far as I know, if we only moves Forms to recycle bin, it is not completely deleted, so MS Flow will also get the Ids of these Forms here.

Only the Forms in the trash can be completely deleted, and these Forms will not be displayed in the Form Id list.

Image reference:

2.PNG1.PNG

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
anonymousguy2

@v-bacao-msft Thanks for reminding me about the recycle bin, the icon was small so I hadn't noticed it in the past. When I went to the recycle bin, sire enough, I found the Forms that I had 'deleted' hanging out in there. From there in the bin, I deleted them again and cleared out the bin. I went to Flow to see if they would be gone from my drop down list but they were still visible.  I went back to Forms and reloaded the Recycle bin and the Forms I thought I had just deleted were populating back into the bin. So I repeated the steps again (deleting the items from the recycle bin to empty it out completely and then checking Flow) but they would still end up visible in the drop down in Flow. 

I tried emptying the bin and then logging out of O365 before logging into Flow and that didn't work either. Anytime I clear out my Forms Recycle Bin, if I hit F5, the deleted Forms repopulate back in even if i log out/in in between. This also happens on 2 separate devices. The old unwanted Forms are haunting my Recycle Bin Smiley Surprised

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @anonymousguy2 ,

I tested it again on my side. As long as I deleted the Forms in Recycle Bin, it would not appear in Flow's Forms Id list.

44.PNG

Please try again and again.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

anonymousguy2

It worked for me, but only after I rolled back my Microsoft Forms Pro Preview version to the original Microsoft Forms version. Once i rolled back, I was able to clear out my Recycle Bin without having those deleted Forms reappearing back in my Recycle Bin any time the Recycle Bin page was reloaded (either by F5 or navigating to it again). Now that my Recycle Bin is empty, those deleted Forms are not appearing in the Form ID drop down field in the Forms trigger in Flow. 

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 337 members 5,814 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: