cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
topness
Level: Powered On

Desktop UI Flow - Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Resource not found for the segment 'flowsessions'

Hi Power Automate team,

I'm trying out Desktop UI Flows, using a simple flow that takes a parameter, opens notepad and types it in, then saves the file with a random filename.  I'm able to get the UI Flow to work fine in test mode.  When I try to invoke it from an Instant Flow, it fails with the error shown below (full error message below it).  I have a 2 minute video of the process here:  https://youtu.be/Fl3PMKEDEJU

Is this post-release preview jitters or something I'm doing wrong?

I'm using a default environment in region North America.

uiflow.png

{
"error": {
"code": "XrmApiRequestFailed",
"message": "Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Resource not found for the segment 'flowsessions'.\nCode: 0x8006088a\nInnerError: Type: Microsoft.OData.UriParser.ODataUnrecognizedPathException\nMessage: Resource not found for the segment 'flowsessions'.\nStackTrace: at Microsoft.OData.UriParser.ODataPathParser.CreateDynamicPathSegment(ODataPathSegment previous, String identifier, String parenthesisExpression)\r\n at Microsoft.OData.UriParser.ODataPathParser.CreateFirstSegment(String segmentText)\r\n at Microsoft.OData.UriParser.ODataPathParser.ParsePath(ICollection`1 segments)\r\n at Microsoft.OData.UriParser.ODataPathFactory.BindPath(ICollection`1 segments, ODataUriParserConfiguration configuration)\r\n at Microsoft.OData.UriParser.ODataUriParser.Initialize()\r\n at System.Web.OData.Routing.DefaultODataPathHandler.Parse(String serviceRoot, String odataPath, IServiceProvider requestContainer, Boolean template)\r\n at System.Web.OData.Routing.DefaultODataPathHandler.Parse(String serviceRoot, String odataPath, IServiceProvider requestContainer)\r\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.ODataV4.Routing.CrmODataPathHandler.Parse(String serviceRoot, String odataPath, IServiceProvider requestContainer)\nInternalException: '."
}
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
a_comp
Level: Power Up

Re: Desktop UI Flow - Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Resource not found for the segment 'flowsessions'

I found the answer to this issue in the comments of the original announcement: http://disq.us/p/25hsod0

"That means that this feature is not yet available for your environment. You can try this out by creating a new environment, or, wait until the feature is rolled out everywhere, which will be a few weeks."

Also in the original announcement (Nov 6th): "The public preview of attended automation will be enabled for all new environments by the end of the week and enabled for all existing environments before the end of November."

Hope that helps! I created a 30 day environment to validate and all is working well with that.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
edim

Re: Desktop UI Flow - Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Resource not found for the segment 'flowsessions'

I'm getting a the same response with UI Web Flows.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @topness,

Please refer to this video, it will help you something during you create UI flow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UgZaSM2tq8

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

topness

@v-litu-msft thanks so much for the response.  In that video the speaker creates a UI flow while authoring an instant flow.  In this video I follow that process:

- create an instant flow and a UI flow from an action within that

- successfully test my UI flow (types text in notepad)

- when testing from an instant flow, UI flow action fails with the message above.  

I've talked with another person (besides @edim's report above) that is experiencing this.  Can you help us move past it?

https://youtu.be/AJA6VaG_N4M

Highlighted
edim

@v-litu-msft , Thanks for the response.

I can't seem to get past the flowsessions error. 

The UI Web Flow works in Selenium with no errors. When added to the UI flow web card, card is able to recognize the parameters. But on testing the API failed error continues to occur.

Is there a glitch in the system?

topness

@v-litu-msft I also got a comment on my video from another person experiencing this.  Were you able to duplicate this issue?

monty-psc

I am also experiencing this issue.  

rmprecioso

I am also experiencing this. Does it have to do with the environment or organization policies that I am in?

austrisv
Level: Power Up

#metoo 😞

using web ui. flow works like a charm from selenium, but when try to execute/test flow - then this 'flowsessions' error 😞

edim

@v-litu-msft , is there an update on this issue. It appears not to be a localized or individual issue only. My company wants to move over to MS for RPA instead of our current RPA tool, but we can't if this issue is not resolvable. 

Thank you for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,238)