cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrivera

Do Until doesn't cancel when it times out after 30 days

I'm noticing an odd behavior with expired flows that have a do until.  I have a do until with a timeout of 30 days and a limit of 60.  Inside is a switch.  In the default branch, I update a SharePoint list item, send an email with options, then if a condition is met, the status is updated to a status that will allow the switch to move to the next branch.  If a user doesn't click the button in the email to allow the status to be set and 30 days go by, instead of timing out, the loop continues and tries the remaining number of times (60).  The screenshot shows the email action timed out but what happens is that email is sent each time the loop happens so the users are getting 50+ emails when it should've expired.  

loop error.jpg

Thanks,

Jason

2 REPLIES 2
Mike_Guzowski
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hm, I think it is connected to flow limitations that is:

1. max 30 days for flow duration

2. max 30 days for approval duration 

From documentation: "Includes workflows with pending steps like approvals. After 30 days, any pending steps time-out. Timed-out approvals are removed from the approvals center. If someone attemps to approve a timed-out request, they’ll receive an error message."

So you don't really want someone to make your flow wait for more than 30 days. However if you know that such case have to be covered you can build special architecture of your flow as Serge Luca described in his blog

Inpriya01
Frequent Visitor

Hello Jason

we Are facing similar issue, did you find any way to fix this issue. If the flow is expired we don’t want to send 50+ Emails. 

Seems it runs remaining count of iterations which is meaningless when flow is expired.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,583)