cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do Until only works for 1 hour?

Not sure if anyone else has had an issue with this before, but I haven't been able to find anything like this elsewhere.

I have a Do Until which is triggered when a list item Status is 'Approved'. The do until is meant to work until the Status does not equal 'Approved', refreshing every 5 minutes.

My understanding is that the max retries for a Do Until is 5000. However, mine releases Flow after 1 hour - even if I change the Delay timings. The Flow then runs on and ends successfully.

Has anyone encountered issues like this with the Do Until function?

Untitled.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do Until only works for 1 hour?

Thanks Mabel - that still doesn't work however I have figured it out, the issue was with the Timeout being set to PT1H. It'd be useful to have the timeout limits listed somewhere, as I haven't been able to find anything on it. The solution was to change the Timeout option to PT720H (so that it times out after 30 days.)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

There you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

Its not an MS specification, its an ISO specification.

I do agree though that MS need to reference this in the help articles.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi aporochine01,

I create a simple flow to test the issue, I don’t change the value for the timeout limits. When I trigger the flow, if the approve option is not equal to Reject, the flow’s run status will be “Running”, if the approve option is equal to “Approve”, it will run succeed.

3.PNG

Please try to reconfigure your flow to see if it will work.

PS: When sharing pictures that contain your privacy info, please remove/hide them, such as the organization name within the SharePoint Site URL, and personal email address, etc.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Mabel - that still doesn't work however I have figured it out, the issue was with the Timeout being set to PT1H. It'd be useful to have the timeout limits listed somewhere, as I haven't been able to find anything on it. The solution was to change the Timeout option to PT720H (so that it times out after 30 days.)

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I agree, these need to be listed somewhere, I had exactly the answer issue so thank you very much
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

There you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

Its not an MS specification, its an ISO specification.

I do agree though that MS need to reference this in the help articles.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

**bleep**, I was doing the exact same thing (also for an approval) and got this issue as well.

Glad to have found the answer 😉

Cheers, mate!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi:

We were facing similar issue so we changed the limit to PT720H

but what we observe is after 30 days when flow expires, the do until is executing the loop for 59 times which is really a mess.

is there any way we can stop do until if the flow is already expired.

or is it better to set the limit to 25 days(PT600H) so that do until expires prior to flow expires(not sure if is going to make  any difference).

basically our do until has an approval task inside it, currently when flow expires same task is getting created 59 times which we want to avoid.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,199)