cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lastdruid371

Duplicated Planner tasks when created from Excel

Hello,

I did a research on forum and didn't find a similar issue and solution for my problem. It seems to be either Power Automate bug or Planner bug.

The idea was very simple: I need to create Teams Planner tasks from Excel file in Power Automate (MS Flow).

My flow has a loop with "Create a Task" step and "Update task details" step. The "Update task details" uses Task id from the "Create a Task" step. Thus, it has to update the same task. However, the flow creates two tasks: one with not updated details and another one with updated details.

The Log shows me that only one loop cycle was performed. The loop has only one Create and one Update action.

I  don't understand why two tasks are generated. The Log also shows that Update action uses Task Id created by Create action.

Any your ideas or thoughts are very welcome!

Thank you in advance!

Log that shows only one loop interaction.

TasksTasks

Log piece that shows the Update action uses Task Id from Create action.

LogLog

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for a prompt response Anna!

I started from scratch and found that issue was in multiple versions of flow running at the same time. I didn't realize that I had to turn other versions off while I'm editing and testing the most recent one.

The problem is resolved now.

Thanks again for giving me your hand with help!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lastdruid371 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to create task and update tasks based on excel file but always got duplicate tasks with two versions. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

I tried to reproduce past of your flow as below, but mine works fine.

v-duann-msft_0-1617693133047.png

v-duann-msft_1-1617693133052.png

v-duann-msft_2-1617693133054.png

I’m afraid the issue is caused by that ‘incremental variable’ action. I’m not sure about the detailed info inside so I didn’t configure it. If possible, please help remove that ‘incremental variable’ and run flow for test purpose.

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

Thank you for a prompt response Anna!

I started from scratch and found that issue was in multiple versions of flow running at the same time. I didn't realize that I had to turn other versions off while I'm editing and testing the most recent one.

The problem is resolved now.

Thanks again for giving me your hand with help!

View solution in original post

Hi @lastdruid371 

Thank you for your update. Glad to hear the flow works fine now. 😀

Please click Accept as Solution if my post is helpful to you. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Best regards,

Anna

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Users online (61,371)