Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErwinSuwito1
Regular Visitor

Dynamic content covers flow action

Hello all,

When creating a Flow, the dynamic content covers the flow action, like this:

Flow.PNG

Tried to use it in both the old Microsoft Edge and the chromium Microsoft Edge.

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Dynamic content covers flow action

Hi @ErwinSuwito1 ,

Please change the window to 100% and try again.

83.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ErwinSuwito1
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Sorry for the long reply.

Still the same with 100%:flow2.PNG

Lisa309
Frequent Visitor

@v-bacao-msft I am having the same issue. It only just started a week ago and makes creating emails and messages in Flow extremely difficult as the dynamic content window pops up continually to cover my work area so i cannot see what I am doing. What has caused this change, and is there a resolution?

Lisa

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ErwinSuwito1 / @Lisa309 ,

Microsoft Support mentioned that this is by design. They advise us to try the new experience using experimental features (new dynamic content picker) if you are unhappy with the current experience.

Besides, as an alternative workaround, you could configure action as follows. If the situation you mentioned would appear, you only need to click Add dynamic content, then you could edit the specified field again.

Screen.gif

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Gines Advocate II
Advocate II

How can this be by design if it wasn't that way for more than 2 years? This is really annoying and definitely not by design! The experimental features are not good enough to use for production and clicking the dynamic content away every single time, is really annoying!

I don't have this issue when I use my 24 inch screen, but when I use my laptop (15 inch), it covers the action and you can't even see what you're typing. So please, fix this ASAP.

Lisa309
Frequent Visitor

@v-bacao-msft That is what I have been doing as a workaround, and it is horrible. It doesn't work like your demo in your response. The dynamic content pops up, then I add what I want, and click on the "dynamic content" link it to clear it. However, when I then re-click the body of the email to continue adding text, the dynamic content pops back up again before I can add my content. I spend all my time trying to clear the window, and it is taking me considerably longer to build a Flow. It used to pop up to the side so I could choose my dynamic content as I worked on the email. That was great. Now I have to write my email in Notepad, Paste it into the email in the Flow, then struggle to add my dynamic content. Why can't they make it pop up to the side again? This is a real issue, not an enhancement.

JohnAageAnderse Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Fully agree that this is a stupid design to have the work area covered by a popup. Either always keep it to the right or allow it also to popup to the left of the work area!

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (6,567)