cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
bwilliamson
Frequent Visitor

Dynamics 365 Flow that triggers on update of a case

I have a flow that uses the When a record is updated action as its first step.  When a case is updated in CRM, the flow is crashing with the following message:

The property name '_slainvokedid_value@Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.lookuplogicalname' is invalid; property names must not contain any of the reserved characters ':', '.', '@'.

This is the first step in the workflow, there are no inputs other than the CRM server name and entity, and it seems to be failing while reading the property list from the entity that changed.  This is Dynamics 365.

slainvokedid is a property in CRM, _slainvokedid_value@Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.lookuplogicalname is not.

10 REPLIES 10
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi bwilliamson,

 

What’s the name you entered in the Entity Name field? Is it a custom entity or a stand entity?

4.PNG

 

Could you show me a screenshot of your flow configuration?

 

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Here is the flow step that is failing.  It is the first step in the flow.  It is using the out of the box case entity.

It seems to work for a little while after resetting the connection to CRM, then stops with the following error.

The function we are trying to implement is a no programming approval email for cases marked as change requests with the accept reject buttons in the email so that non CRM users can approve.

Capture1.PNG

Hi bwilliamson,

 

Does this flow fail for all the updated records or only for this one?

 

I created a simple flow to test this issue, the flow worked succeed.

4.PNG

 

About the entity “Incidents” you are using, seems that I don’t have an Incidents entity on my side. Is it a custom entity?


Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I've been using the same query for several months now also within the Service module (incidents). We are also experiencing the same error since about 7 days. I've been using the following filter query : Ticketnumber eq 'SRV-0000-X1X1' where the number is the random generated ticket number.

Seems like there has been an update and i'm now unable to use a "-" in the odata query.

 

Our change proces depends on this logic app so i hope there will be a solution soon.

No, its just the case entity.  Its called incidents because that is the oData name.

Its kind of random.  After I reset the connection info it works for  a little while then stops.

Hi bwilliamson,

 

The error message you provided before says that “The property name is invalid”. I am not sure with this, which property are you using?

 

I just test this issue again, but the flow runs succeed without error. When updating the record, I update the Title with special characters, but still works.

4.PNG

 

I am trying to reproduce this issue on my side, please help provide more details.

 

 

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Here is my error with a simple test. I have the same error in the production workflow.

I use ticketnumber as filter attribute and "SRV-0000-X1X1" als filter value to get the right ticket back.

As soon as the "-" is in the filter value, the workflow fails. ( in my case ). But the - isn't mentioned in the error, only ,.@ etc.

Schermafbeelding 2017-06-23 om 10.07.09.png

I've been recieving the same error message:

 

This is the Odata Filter for the incident entity : "filter": "new_sandboxname eq 'SCRUM Notes' and new_spitemid eq 15"

*  The filter is part in the dynamics list records

*  I have the max return count set to one. "$top": "1"

 

After updating the filter it works for a short time, then it fails.

I've tried updating the filter to only use numeric's.. this to fails after awhile. Example: "filter": "new_otherid eq 2 and new_spitemid eq 15"

 

Error Message:

"status": 400, "message": "The property name '_slainvokedid_value@Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.lookuplogicalname' is invalid; property names must not contain any of the reserved characters ':', '.', '@'.", "source": "dynamicscrmonline-logic-cp-westus.logic-ase-westus.p.azurewebsites.net"

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,955)