cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ERROR IN POWER FLOW APPROVAL PROCESS OUTPUT

Hi,

There is error in power flow approval process output. From SharePoint I have created a approval flow, in the flow I used dynamics to fetch data from SharePoint list. Columns with alphabet captured as it is, without error but numeric fields outputs are not matching.

Example:

1. I have SharePoint list column value as 2,00,000 with commas but when i capture this in approval process, output is 200000 without comma.
  2. Another column I have percentage value as 15.20%, this output in approval flow is 0.15200000000 !!!

When I seek support in the community, they referred to use formals to convert it. I have tried few but not working.

I think this is bug, when the alphabets columns display as it is from SharePoint, why there is error in numeric fields? why should i used extra steps (expression) to convert it? Please fix this so that it will be time saving for every one.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: ERROR IN POWER FLOW APPROVAL PROCESS OUTPUT

Hi @klakshmi10 ,

What you see in the SharePoint list is that the numbers have been specially processed into the specified format. This is the function provided when the column is created in the SharePoint list, but the actual storage format is number.

The value obtained in Flow is the value stored internally, and it does not contain any format. If you want to apply these formats, you may need to use some methods to format these values.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,562)