cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaladin
Frequent Visitor

Email Flagged Flow Triggers Multiple Times

I have multiple flows that triggers when an Office 365 email gets flagged and adds it to Todoist as a task. The issue is that often the flow triggers again anywhere from an hour to days later creating an extraneous Todist Task. It seems that what may be happening is that new emails in response to the flagged email trigger the Flow to run again. This is causing me to have to do a lot of extra cleanup of extraneous tasks in Todoist.

14 REPLIES 14

I'm seeing this same thing.

Issue seems to be caused by achived messages being pulled back into the inbox after a message is replied to.

Has anyone figured out a workaround for this?  IFTTT doesn't work for me.

Having the same issue. Pls fix it!

Where them Microsoft People at?

toraritte
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can confirm that this is still happening, 3 years strong. Of course, whenever testing the flow, it works fine, but when using it live, it happens more often than not. My flow parses the flagged email, adds a row to an Excel sheet, and it sends an email to the person in the end.

After finishing the flow and testing it, I flagged 3 emails in quick successions to test it in production, went through ok, then flagged 5 and it started adding duplicate rows and sending two emails. Waited about 5 minutes, started flagging emails one by one and waiting for the script execution to finish each time (thinking that flagging many at the same time would cause it), but it was still happening, about 70-80% of the cases. 

TCSUK

Any solution to this? I have have the same issue. In may case I move an email to a separate folder, then start the flow trigger by flagging it. What I've noticed is that if I open the email again and close it triggers the flow again? Any clues why?

rmortier
Frequent Visitor

Same issue. Sometimes works and sometimes triggers multiple times.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,454)