cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Email Flagged Flow Triggers Multiple Times

I have multiple flows that triggers when an Office 365 email gets flagged and adds it to Todoist as a task. The issue is that often the flow triggers again anywhere from an hour to days later creating an extraneous Todist Task. It seems that what may be happening is that new emails in response to the flagged email trigger the Flow to run again. This is causing me to have to do a lot of extra cleanup of extraneous tasks in Todoist.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Email Flagged Flow Triggers Multiple Times

Hi @Kaladin,

I just created the same flow and I cannot seem to reproduce your issue. I flagged on email and flow will run one time. Then I replied this email and received the relied email, my flow will not trigger for the second time.

Would you please check if all your flows are having this issue as you mentioned that you have several flows with the same trigger? Also, try to create a new flow to test.

Regards,

Mona 

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Todoist Tasks.png

Mona,

Attached is a photo of the duplicate Tasks. I replicated by sending an email to my Outlook 365 account flagging it and then replying. This created one Task. I then replied to the reply and when I received the reply in my Outlook 365 a duplicate Task was created in Todoist.

This is happening with 4 different flows that run based on different folders in Outlook 365.

Regards,

Schuyler

Highlighted

I have a similar issue.  I think what's happening is when an e-mail is flagged, it's processing all flagged emails again, including the previously flagged emails, causing them to duplicate. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kaladin,

I still cannot reproduce your issue. Would you please provide your session ids of the problematic flows? I will try to escalate your issue to the pg after that.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-monli-msft,

I can't seem to retrieve the Session IDs for my flows 

Core.Telemetry.Log.sessionId

But  I get an error saying Core is not defined. I am able to see a Cookie called flowsessionid though. Is that what you are looking for?

Regards,

Schuyler

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-monli-msft,

Could you please provide some direction on how to retrieve the flow session IDs?

Regards,

Schuyler

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. I think it happens when another email triggers the flow, rather than just selecting the current email it looks like it is capturing all flagged emails in the folder

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@dlongman That could be it. Have you had any luck finding a solution? I was talking with @v-monli-msft, but they stopped responding a while ago so I haven't made any progress with the issue.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Obviously today when I tried to repro that issue I couldn't! I'm now not sure what the cause is but I think my solution will be to revert to using IFTTT rather than Flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,797)