cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate V
Advocate V

Email To: field keeps switching to wrong person column

I have a SharePoint Online list with one row and two columns. The columns are named NotifyMe and ReviewTeams.  NotifyMe is the first column and ReviewTeams is the second column. (Just one row!) Each is a person column that allows multiple names. In Flow, I have a Get Items action that looks at that list, then sends different email messages to the people in each column. 

I am able to select the Email property of the appropriate column in Dynamic Content and everything seems to be fine, tests run perfectly, etc..  But then if I reenter the Flow editor for some reason, I notice that the To: field in one of my messages keeps switching, inexplicably, to the WRONG column property. 

wrong-email.PNG

I have corrected and resaved 50 times now -- and it keeps switching back to the other column. I am now also seeing the same behavior in other Flows doing the same thing. Does this simply not work? Do I need to construct my SharePoint list with multiple rows and filter on the row Title to get the correct emails? Do I need to create an array variable and append the addresses together? Any ideas why this isn't just working? Thanks so much for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RachelRig,

How about you input expression in the To field, for example:

item()?['NotifyMe/email']

Screenshot 2020-11-06 162438.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RachelRig,

How about you input expression in the To field, for example:

item()?['NotifyMe/email']

Screenshot 2020-11-06 162438.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Advocate V
Advocate V

Thank you ~ Right now I am trying a reconstruction of my people list. Instead of 2 columns, I made 2 rows. My Get Items action will filter on the row Title and the people column name will be the same for both options. I think this way I can be sure to get the correct collection of email addresses.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (6,859)