cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TGE
Level: Powered On

Email and message when file is created not working

The simplest flow imaginable doesn't work reliably. I'm trying to get an email and/or text nessage when a file is created on OneDrive. Tests done when the flow is created state flow works, but have only gotten 2 or 3 emails and notifications out of 100's of file creations.

My guess is something is wrong on MS's end. Anyone have ideas on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft Employee

Re: Email and message when file is created not working

hi @TGE i am from development team in microsoft flow. Sorry that you are facing this issue. Actually we have a throttling limit on push notification connector which you can find out in our documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/flowpush/#throttling-limits

I will suggest you to use outlook connector send email action because outlook throttling limit is good which you can find out here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#throttling-limits.

SO modify your flow and let us know things work. We are happy to resolve your issue here asap.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TGE ,

I have made a simple flow to test this issue, however, the issue you mentioned could not be reproduced by me.

Whenever a new file is created/uploaded to the specific OneDrive folder, the flow will be triggered and an email will be sent.

1.PNG

Which plan are you using? The maximum flow frequency for each plan is different, please check the next flow run according to the flow plan you are using:

https://asia.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Please make sure the files are created/uploaded to the same folder you’ve specified in the flow.

If the issue still exists, please feel free post back.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TGE

Yes, I know that. You would know that too by reading my original message that states the flow tests good. I know how to create and test flows. That's not the problem. It's not the "pricing plan" either. How can I get moderators to recognize and actually fix this problem instead of collecting "bonus points" for just replying to messages? The email below shows the flow failed 60 times. 

Hello,

The flow(s) listed had an unusual number of failures in the past week and may need your attention.

1 Notifications

Notify and Email when a new file is uploaded to OneDrive - 2

Failed 60 times

TGE

And today, I got another message the flow failed 70 more times (see below) __________________________________________________________________ Hello, The flow(s) listed had an unusual number of failures in the past week and may need your attention. 1 Notifications When a file is created -> Send me a mobile notification Failed 70 times ________________________________________
TGE

And another message today telling me about 99 more fials. When, if ever, can I expect answer or assistance ?

Hello,

The flow(s) listed had an unusual number of failures in the past week and may need your attention.

1 Notifications

When a file is created -> Send me a mobile notification

Failed 99 times

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TGE ,

Thanks for updating.

Could you share a screen shot of your flow?

If possible, please also share a URL of the flow.

Can you check the failed urns under Run history> All runs of the flow?

Do you actually have more than 100 files created in OneDrive folder?

Please help collect more info, I will help report this issue.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TGE

Here's a screen shot of the flow...

Capture.JPG

The URL is https://us.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/1c4af9e0-457f-4547-b9f7-6160b061c32c/flows

The run history is mixed success and fail, but I never get notified by mail or text.

Um, yes, more than 100 files were created to my OneDrive. Do you think I lie about this?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @TGE ,

Thanks for helping collect relative info.

I have reported this issue on my side and will back to you later.

Best regards,

Mabel

Microsoft Employee

hi @TGE i am from development team in microsoft flow. Sorry that you are facing this issue. Actually we have a throttling limit on push notification connector which you can find out in our documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/flowpush/#throttling-limits

I will suggest you to use outlook connector send email action because outlook throttling limit is good which you can find out here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#throttling-limits.

SO modify your flow and let us know things work. We are happy to resolve your issue here asap.

View solution in original post

TGE

Incredible, as my message states, this won't even work 1 time reliably. In addtion to the support team not even understanding the problem (or taking the time to understand the problem) they calim its some push limit and suggest to use another product.

Flow Fail...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 164 members 5,784 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: