cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Error code 500, bad gateway - send an email (V2) - with attachments

This flow has been working flawlessly for over 4 months. It stated failing on Fridy, but only when the combined attachment sizes from the sharepoint list are over 2MB (or so). Smaller files still go through OK. Sending the same email manually (with the same large files) through outlook has no issue, so I doubt the problem is with the exchange sesrver. 

{
"error": {
"code": 500,
"source": "flow-apim-msmanaged-na-westus2-01.azure-apim.net",
"clientRequestId": "d227cb03-44e8-4d88-9e5d-7c79c9e145b7",
"message": "BadGateway",
"innerError": {
"status": 500,
"message": "Unknown Error : {\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"BadRequest\",\r\n \"message\": \"Maximum request length exceeded.\",\r\n \"innerError\": {\r\n \"request-id\": \"d24ab112-038a-4e03-a6d7-bcafb2e60b83\",\r\n \"date\": \"2019-07-22T16:54:45\"\r\n }\r\n }\r\n}\r\nclientRequestId: d227cb03-44e8-4d88-9e5d-7c79c9e145b7\r\nserviceRequestId: d24ab112-038a-4e03-a6d7-bcafb2e60b83",
"source": "office365-eus.azconn-eus.p.azurewebsites.net"
}
}
}
11 REPLIES 11
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I just posted about this two seconds ago. 

HERE

I am having the same issue!

Glad I am not alone.... I sure hope they fix it soon!

Hi @Momerath ,

How is your flow created? Could you share a screenshot on your flow?

I have set up a flow likes below according to the screenshots @FoDelement  provided. However, the action Send an email (V2) just works successfully.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Could you please try again with it to see if it works for you now?

If the issue still exists, please share with more details to help reproduce.

Best regards,

Mabel       

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yamao-msft  I don't want to hijack @Momerath 's thread, 

But can you try making sure your attachments are a combined total of more than 2 MB.

3.jpg

It works when they are smaller file sizes. I send pictures taken with a tablet and it comes out to about 4 Mb in size.

@FoDelement , no worries, since we are having the same trouble. Yes, my flow currently only fails when the combined attachment file sizes are over 2 MB (or so). The attachments are mostly pictures, often 2-4 MB each. I can resize them to smaller files and the flow works just fine. Here are screenshots of my flow:

SS1.jpgSS2.jpgSS3.jpgSS4.jpg

@Momerathokay, good!

I tested it again this morning, thinking maybe it was just an outrage, but I'm still having the issue. I hope they identify it soon as an issue, because I just got a whole lot of people to adopt flow a few months ago, and I had to tell them all to not use it anymore, until an unknown amount of time. ☹️

1.jpg

{
"error": {
"code": 500,
"source": "flow-apim-msmanaged-na-centralus-01.azure-apim.net",
"clientRequestId": "9794c80b-bcd4-46a2-bc0d-49b983c65d00",
"message": "BadGateway",
"innerError": {
"status": 500,
"message": "Unknown Error : {\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"BadRequest\",\r\n \"message\": \"Maximum request length exceeded.\",\r\n \"innerError\": {\r\n \"request-id\": \"0039d298-b97a-40cc-9bed-3531577af6b2\",\r\n \"date\": \"2019-07-24T16:25:02\"\r\n }\r\n }\r\n}\r\nclientRequestId: 9794c80b-bcd4-46a2-bc0d-49b983c65d00\r\nserviceRequestId: 0039d298-b97a-40cc-9bed-3531577af6b2",
"source": "office365-cus.azconn-cus.p.azurewebsites.net"
}
}
}

@v-yamao-msft 
@v-bacao-msft 

Have you been able to replicate this yet? 

@v-yamao-msft 
@v-bacao-msft 

Have either of you been able to replicate this issue, or determine what the cause of this error might be? The lack of response on this apparent bug is disconcerting. I am running tests on this flow every morning, hoping it may resolve itself - to no avail thus far. I ran some more tests on my flow this morning, and short of narrowing down the exact file size limit, have determined that the flow fails when the combined file size of the attachments is over about 3MB. All tests (multiple files of various sizes) up to 3.070MB ran succesfully. At 3.083MB or more they failed.  

@Momerath ,

I know it's not ideal, but I changed my action to "Send email" not V2 and it works. But you need to deal with the HTML formatting for the email. This made it work again.

My issue was, I had over 10 flows using this and I didn't want to have to update all of them. But... I did 😞

@FoDelement 

Thank you! This worked!  I was able to copy and paste everything over from the original flow, incluign the full HTML so I didn't have to spend too much time on it. 

Too bad the folks at Microsoft aren't identifying this as a bug yet, as this work around clearly indicates something is wrong on their end. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (9,009)