cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHonig
Regular Visitor

Error creating new Task in Dynamics 365

Hi

I get an  error 400 BadRequest when creating a new Task in my Dyanamics 365. I am useing the standard Dynamics 365 Create Entity connector.

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException: Does not support untyped value in non-open type.\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.DeserializationHelpers.ApplyProperty(ODataProperty property, IEdmStructuredTypeReference resourceType, Object resource, ODataDeserializerProvider deserializerProvider, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.ApplyStructuralProperties(Object resource, ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n   at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.CrmODataEntityDeserializer.ApplyStructuralProperties(Object resource, ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.ReadResource(ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.ODataMediaTypeFormatter.ReadFromStream(Type type, Stream readStream, HttpContent content, IFormatterLogger formatterLogger)",
  "source": "qvartz.crm4.dynamics.com",
  "errors": [],
  "debugInfo": "clientRequestId: 5f07b58a-cdce-49ae-b6f9-eebd78e9b444"
}

The JSON send to Dynamics is 

{
  "subject": "Sletning af SharePoint folder fejlede",
  "notetext": "Lorenzo Avon Avon_fa1888b9279ae711940100155d86e8dd",
  "isdocument": false,
  "_objectid_value": "fa1888b9-279a-e711-9401-00155d86e8dd",
  "_objectid_type": "viv_applicants"
}

It says it "Does not support untyped value in non-open type". I cant see anything wrong with the parameteres. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JHonig,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The screenshot of my flow as below:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

I afraid that there is some input value cause the flow to run failed,please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JHonig,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The screenshot of my flow as below:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

I afraid that there is some input value cause the flow to run failed,please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Hi Alice

I have the screenshot as a file on my local harddrive. How do i share the image here? 

Br Jacob

JHonig
Regular Visitor

Hi Alice

Here is the screenshot. 

Udklip.PNG

Br Jacob

Hi @JHonig,

The "Regarding" field in the "Create a new record" action require a unique identifier of the Object with which the task is migrated.

You couldn't enter the "SalesOrder_Tasks" in the "Regarding" field.

Please delete the "SalesOrder_Tasks" in the "Regarding" field of "Create a new record" action to achieve your requirement.

Best regards,

Alice

Hi Alice

The Regarding field is in deed empty. The text "SalesOrder_Tasks" is default and can't be removed. The field is not required, so i left it empty. But i have also tried to enter a valid unique identifier in the field and it makes no difference. 

I think howoever i found a workaround. The Dynamics 365 connector has 2 create entity actions: "Create a new record" and "Create a new record (Preview)". I was using the first one. You are using the Preview version. I have tried the Preview version, and that seems to work fine for me, as it does for you. But the first one, the one i first used, must have a bug.

I will just use the Preview version from now on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,966)