cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Error creating new Task in Dynamics 365

Hi

I get an  error 400 BadRequest when creating a new Task in my Dyanamics 365. I am useing the standard Dynamics 365 Create Entity connector.

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException: Does not support untyped value in non-open type.\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.DeserializationHelpers.ApplyProperty(ODataProperty property, IEdmStructuredTypeReference resourceType, Object resource, ODataDeserializerProvider deserializerProvider, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.ApplyStructuralProperties(Object resource, ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n   at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.CrmODataEntityDeserializer.ApplyStructuralProperties(Object resource, ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.ReadResource(ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.ODataMediaTypeFormatter.ReadFromStream(Type type, Stream readStream, HttpContent content, IFormatterLogger formatterLogger)",
  "source": "qvartz.crm4.dynamics.com",
  "errors": [],
  "debugInfo": "clientRequestId: 5f07b58a-cdce-49ae-b6f9-eebd78e9b444"
}

The JSON send to Dynamics is 

{
  "subject": "Sletning af SharePoint folder fejlede",
  "notetext": "Lorenzo Avon Avon_fa1888b9279ae711940100155d86e8dd",
  "isdocument": false,
  "_objectid_value": "fa1888b9-279a-e711-9401-00155d86e8dd",
  "_objectid_type": "viv_applicants"
}

It says it "Does not support untyped value in non-open type". I cant see anything wrong with the parameteres. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Error creating new Task in Dynamics 365

Hi @JHonig,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The screenshot of my flow as below:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

I afraid that there is some input value cause the flow to run failed,please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JHonig,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The screenshot of my flow as below:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

I afraid that there is some input value cause the flow to run failed,please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Alice

I have the screenshot as a file on my local harddrive. How do i share the image here? 

Br Jacob

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Alice

Here is the screenshot. 

Udklip.PNG

Br Jacob

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JHonig,

The "Regarding" field in the "Create a new record" action require a unique identifier of the Object with which the task is migrated.

You couldn't enter the "SalesOrder_Tasks" in the "Regarding" field.

Please delete the "SalesOrder_Tasks" in the "Regarding" field of "Create a new record" action to achieve your requirement.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Alice

The Regarding field is in deed empty. The text "SalesOrder_Tasks" is default and can't be removed. The field is not required, so i left it empty. But i have also tried to enter a valid unique identifier in the field and it makes no difference. 

I think howoever i found a workaround. The Dynamics 365 connector has 2 create entity actions: "Create a new record" and "Create a new record (Preview)". I was using the first one. You are using the Preview version. I have tried the Preview version, and that seems to work fine for me, as it does for you. But the first one, the one i first used, must have a bug.

I will just use the Preview version from now on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,783)