cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Error when triggering a child flow

I'm trying to set up a child flow and am getting an error when calling it from the parent. The error occurs on the SharePoint Get item action.

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Get_item' inputs at line '1' and column '2578': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_sharepointonline_2']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'X-MS-APIM-Tokens' doesn't exist, available properties are 'Accept-Language, User-Agent, x-ms-workflow-id, x-ms-workflow-version, x-ms-workflow-name, x-ms-workflow-system-id, x-ms-workflow-run-id, x-ms-workflow-run-tracking-id, x-ms-workflow-operation-name, x-ms-execution-location, x-ms-workflow-subscription-id, x-ms-workflow-resourcegroup-name, x-ms-tracking-id, x-ms-correlation-id, x-ms-client-request-id, x-ms-client-tracking-id, x-ms-action-tracking-id, x-ms-client-keywords, x-ms-activity-vector, Content-Type, Content-Length'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

I've seen similar issues posted elsewhere but they generally call for manually triggering the flow to set the connections, replacing the connections, exporting/reimporting the flow, rebuilding from scratch etc. - none of which work for me. Actually I haven't managed to test reimporting the flow - happy to try if someone can explain how that's done (I can reimport into My Flows but then it's not available to be brought into the solution).

This is a new flow which I'm building from scratch already because of another issue where you apparently can't use a flow created outside the solution (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Flow-cannot-be-used-as-a-child-workflow-b...).

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cattre,

There is a tutorial about how to export a solution:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/export-flow-solution

There is a tutorial about how to import a solution:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/import-flow-solution

Before import the solution, you should delete the existing solution.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-litu-msft thanks for the info but I'm not happy with exporting/deleting/importing my whole solution, just to fix a single flow. The solution contains 20 flows and three Power Apps, all of which are in use. I can't risk breaking any of these by deleting everything.

Do you know what is causing the error here? Is there another method to try and fix?

@v-litu-msft as an update, I created a new simple child flow in a new solution, and managed to trigger this from a new parent flow in the same solution. However, when trying to build out the child flow (i.e. to match the original one I was trying to use), this error eventually crops up. If I run the child flow manually, it will work. It's only when the parent flow is triggering it that it will fail.

It seems to be a connection issue, but I have checked the embedded connections and can't see any issues:

image.png

By painstakingly adding an action, saving, testing, then testing parent triggering, I have managed to successfully build up parts of the flow. Initial errors were resolved by updating the above connections, but eventually I add an action that I just can't get to work - it seems odd that the error doesn't happen for all of my connections?

Even worse is that previously added actions that were working are now throwing the same error. So even if I can get my slow-build approach to work eventually, there's no guarantee the flow won't break again.

Am I the only one having trouble with child flows or is this issue more prevalent?

Hi @cattre,

Sorry for late, I am glad your issue has some progress. You are not the only one who has encountered this problem similar to bug. Recently, a small number of users have reported this problem. At present, the problem has been reported to the development team, and it may be able to solve this problem in the near future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-litu-msft thanks for confirming, is there any way of tracking the progress of this bug?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,107)